- A Visit to a LEED Platinum Office Building: Manitoba Hydro Place in the Green Building Advisor
March 10, 2017
- OAA blOAAg: Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre, University of Waterloo (2012)
March 09, 2017
- Best in Industry Recognized as Design Excellence Finalists for the Ontario Association of Architects Awards
March 06, 2017
- Saskatchewan: Visit Saskatoon’s new art gallery opening later this year
March 06, 2017
- HERstory in Black: Camille Mitchell
February 21, 2017
- Yale celebrates Adams Center grand opening
February 17, 2017
- Celebrating 30 years of practice
February 13, 2017
- Two for One
February 08, 2017
- Build Toronto Design Competition for the New Etobicoke Civic Centre – KPMB Shortlisted
February 02, 2017
- Appointment Notice: Associates Angela Lim and Brian Melcher, and Director of Digital Practice, Hany Iwamura
January 31, 2017
August 16, 2010 | Betsy Kraat | New Jersey & Company
"From Dubai to Chicago, innovative, sustainable architecture is changing the landscape of the construction industry -- literally.
Super-green, super-sized projects are a reality today -- spanning city blocks, stretching across city limits, and creating fully sustainable mega-buildings for healthier, environmentally friendly, and economical living. McGraw-Hill Construction's Architectural Record and GreenSource are bringing together leading architects, engineers, construction professionals, and sustainability experts at the 8th annual Innovation 2010 Conference in New York City on October 6-7, an event that is sure to pave the way for future green building innovations.
Focused on "Big and Super-Green: From Buildings to Cityscapes," the two-day conference will address the latest technical developments and strategies for large-scale green building, featuring case studies from Dubai's Burj Khalifa, South Korea's New Songdo City, Chicago's Decarbonization Plan, Canada's Manitoba Hydro Place, Be-Bionic City Tower, and more. A new pre-conference workshop, moderated by Stephen Jones, senior director at McGraw-Hill Construction, invites attendees to gain hands-on experience using building information modeling (BIM) with lean, green practices to directly benefit their businesses.
...Other distinguished speakers include:
-- Thomas Auer, Managing Director and Partner, Transsolar
-- Bruce Kuwabara, Founding Partner, Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects"
Text by Betsy Kraat
To read the complete article, please visit the New Jersey & Company website:
For more information on the Innovation 2010 Conference:
For more information on Manitoba Hydro Place: