- A Visit to a LEED Platinum Office Building: Manitoba Hydro Place in the Green Building Advisor
March 10, 2017
- OAA blOAAg: Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre, University of Waterloo (2012)
March 09, 2017
- Best in Industry Recognized as Design Excellence Finalists for the Ontario Association of Architects Awards
March 06, 2017
- Saskatchewan: Visit Saskatoon’s new art gallery opening later this year
March 06, 2017
- HERstory in Black: Camille Mitchell
February 21, 2017
- Yale celebrates Adams Center grand opening
February 17, 2017
- Celebrating 30 years of practice
February 13, 2017
- Two for One
February 08, 2017
- Build Toronto Design Competition for the New Etobicoke Civic Centre – KPMB Shortlisted
February 02, 2017
- Appointment Notice: Associates Angela Lim and Brian Melcher, and Director of Digital Practice, Hany Iwamura
January 31, 2017
August 05, 2014
GREEN DOT AWARDS ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION.
KPMB Architects of Canada was Awarded: First Prize in services Industrial for the entry titled, " Manitoba Hydro Place ." The jury selected winners from thousands of entries from over 25 countries.
The Green Dot Awards™ strive to reward and promote forward-thinking businesses that create environmentally friendly products or services, and to reward revolutionary green proposals.
Recognizing that human activity is causing dramatic environmental change, we must ensure that we act today to protect tomorrow's environment. Businesses and organizations have become especially aware of the impact that their practices have on the well-being of the planet and many are acting to adopt more sustainable attitudes. The purpose of Green Dot is to reward those who practice excellence in environmental responsibility.
Although the Green Dot Awards are worthy themselves, they are also a consumer guide to excellence in environmentally-sustainable practices. A business with a Green Dot Award is a business that can be trusted by consumers with a stewardship of the environment. Recognition from the Green Dot Awards allows businesses to promote their products and services as items that are manufactured and delivered in an environmentally friendly manner.
Green Dot Awards was Juried by experts in the industry: Alison Kwok Ph.D, co-author of Green Studio Handbook; Christina Amacher, Braungart Consulting and EPEA GmbH; Christine Mason McCall, co-founder of GoGreen Online and GoGreenTV; Dave Evans, Author of Cool Green Stuff; Daniel D. Chiras Ph.D, Author of Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy; Darryl Hooks, CEO and President of ActiClean; Efren Zuniga Reyes, co-author of Green Graphics, graphic communication for sustainability; Kira Gould, co-author of Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design; Lori Dennis, best-selling author and star of HGTV's The Real Designing Women; Luis Valenzuela, Founder of Green Art USA.org; Patrick Fry, designer and art director; Ruth Singer, sustainable and recycled materials designer; Steven Foster, President of the Steven Foster Group and commercial consultant for eco-sustainability; Shelagh McNally, writer and editor on environment issues; Tamsin O'Neill, Director of Green Press; Vicky Eckert Von Grotthuss, co-author of Green Graphics and owner of Flaflafeditions, a publishing house creating board games related to environment and culture.
Click here to see full list of winners.