Revisiting City Hall's Architectural Design
September 23, 2015
Battle of the Architects: Revisiting City Hall’s Architectural Design
Wed Sep 23, 2015
Toronto Reference Library Atrium.
Find original article here.
50 years after the opening of Toronto’s City Hall, a panel of architects and designers review and defend the designs of the finalists of the international architectural competition, Dragon’s Den-style. It’s your chance to revisit history. Hear what they have to say and cast your vote on the best design. Moderated by former architecture critic and City Space columnist for The Globe and Mail Lisa Rochon.
The panelists will include:
– Tania Bortolotto (Bortolotto Design Architects Inc.) defending design finalist Frank Mikutowski with Richard Rafferty and George Rafferty (St. Paul, Minnesota)
– Bill Bradley (Adamson Associates Architects) defending design finalist William B. Hayward of Hayward and Associates (Philadephia, Pennsylvania)
– Don Schmitt (Diamond Schmitt Architects) defending design finalist Halldor Gunnløgsson and Jørn Nielsen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
-Patrick Fejer (B + H Architects) defending design finalist I.M. Pei and Associates (New York, New York)
– Shirley Blumberg (KPMB Architects) defending design finalist John H. Andrews (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
– David Clusiau (NORR Limited) defending design finalist Viljo Revell (Helsinki, Finland)
– Lynne Wilson Orr (Parkin Architects Limited) defending design finalist David Horne (Toronto, Ontario)
– Andrew Frontini (Perkins + Will) defending design finalist Perkins & Will (White Plains, New York)