- Author, architect, engineer and physicist to be honoured at Fall Convocation
November 15, 2016
- Dartmouth College Chooses KPMB Architects for Irving Energy Institute
November 11, 2016
- KPMB is pleased to announce the promotion of Phyllis Crawford (CPA, CGA) as Principal, Finance & Operations
November 08, 2016
- Bridgepoint Active Healthcare receives 2016 Heritage Toronto, William Greer Architectural Conservation and Craftsmanship Award
October 03, 2016
- Bruce Kuwabara tours the Canary District neighbourhood with CBC News (starting at minute 16:55)
September 10, 2016
- Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre at the University of British Columbia Shortlisted for World Architecture Festival Award
July 12, 2016
- Five Recipients of the 2016 OLA New Library Building Award Announced
July 08, 2016
- Bridgepoint Active Healthcare among the 8 winners announced for Architectural Record's 2016 Good Design is Good Business Award
June 01, 2016
- Bridgepoint Active Healthcare among the 12 winners announced for the 2016 Governor General's Medals in Architecture
May 19, 2016
- Celebration of Advocacy concerning the Victims of Communism Monument
April 26, 2016
June 02, 2011
The AIA recognizes 13 projects with the 2011 CAE Educational Facility Design Award
For immediate release:
Washington, D.C. – June 2, 2011 – The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on Architecture for Education (CAE) has selected13 educational and cultural facilities for this year’s CAE Educational Facility Design Awards. The purpose of the design awards program is to identify trends and emerging ideas, honor excellence in planning and design, and disseminate knowledge about best practices in educational and community facilities.
The 2011 CAE Educational Facility Design Awards jury includes: Peter C. Lippman, Assoc. AIA (jury chair), JCJ Architecture; R. Thomas Hille, AIA, Tabula Rasa Architecture + Design; Christian Long (Educator), Be Playful / Design & Studio; David Schrader, AIA, SchraderGroup and Susan Whitmer (Researcher), Herman Miller, Inc.
13 awards were issued in three categories which include Citation, Merit and Excellence.
2011 CAE Educational Facility Design Awards recipients:
Royal Conservatory, TELUS Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects
The TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning is the culmination of two decades of planning and design to build a new home for the Royal Conservatory (RCM). The unique hybrid of teaching, rehearsal and performance promotes the intersection of student, professional and public life, and allows the RCM to deliver its educational and public programming locally and worldwide. The project involved the historic restorative and adaptive reuse of two Victorian masonry buildings and the addition of a major new pavilion housing practice studios, classrooms and the 1,135-seat Koerner Hall.
If you would like more information or images of these projects, please contact Matt Tinder at email@example.com.
To view the full press release, please visit the AIA website: