- Rotman School of Management and CIGI Campus receive Award of Excellence from the Ontario Association of Architects
March 21, 2013
- Canada lags on green buildings: architect tells Cambridge students
March 08, 2013
- Vaughan City Hall receives Governor General's Medal in Architecture at a ceremony held at Rideau Hall on February 1st
February 01, 2013
- George Brown Campus pumps new energy into Toronto's waterfront
January 29, 2013
- 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village/Canary District wins Canadian Architect, Award of Excellence
December 19, 2012
- Marianne McKenna is Invested as an Officer of the Order of Canada by Governor General
November 30, 2012
- Rotman School of Management and TIFF Bell Lightbox Receive 2012 Ontario Concrete Award
November 30, 2012
- Concordia buildings awarded LEED status
November 08, 2012
- Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre Creates 21st Century 'Mind Space'
September 25, 2012
- Rotman School of Management Expansion Rises at University of Toronto
September 13, 2012
October 30, 2009
KPMB / Smith Carter / Transsolar are proud to announce the launch of the new Manitoba Hydro Place website.
Canadian firms, KPMB Architects and Smith Carter Architects + Engineers, and German climate engineering experts, Transsolar of Stuttgart, Germany, have come together to form an Integrated Design Consortium. Combining award-winning architecture, world-renowned climate engineering and technical expertise, the Consortium will leverage the innovations of Manitoba Hydro Place and lessons of the Integrated Design Process to assist organizations in building climate responsive, green buildings that prioritize human comfort and contribute to building vibrant cities.
This dedicated web site was created to document the IDP and track the performance of the building according to the original goals of supportive work place, energy performance/sustainable design, architectural excellence, urban revitalization, and fiscal performance. Check back as the site is updated with information and statistics related to the building's energy performance and post-occupancy evaluation, and to learn about the Integrated Design Consortium's future projects and endeavors.
For more information, please visit the Manitoba Hydro Place website at:http://www.manitobahydroplace.com/