- Reflecting on our year in architecture
December 30, 2010
- Top 100 Canada's Most Powerful Women
December 07, 2010
- Top 100™ Awards Recognizes Top Female Achievers From Across Canada
November 29, 2010
- Manitoba Hydro Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
October 20, 2010
- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
- KPMB receives TWO 2010 Heritage Toronto Awards of Excellence
October 06, 2010
- Super-Green Manitoba Hydro Project Making News
October 05, 2010
- The AGS Architects meet the Media!
October 04, 2010
- High-profile fan for Hydro tower
September 29, 2010
- Festivals Grow Up, Even as Screens Grow Small
September 24, 2010
November 18, 2006 | Christopher Hume | Toronto Star
In the same article Hume describes 180 Queen Street West, a new office tower designed by Tom Payne, as "a triumph" while questioning the city's and the federal government's planning processes which both architect and critic lament kept the project from being great.
Nevertheless Hume praises the design: "It represents an attempt at nothing less than the reinvention of the contemporary tower. Gone is the rigid geometry that has defined corporate architecture since Ludwig Mies Van der Rohe...In its place, Payne has introduced a more contextual approach, one that allows a building to reflect the realities that surround it."