- Manitoba Hydro Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
October 20, 2010
- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
- KPMB receives TWO 2010 Heritage Toronto Awards of Excellence
October 06, 2010
- Super-Green Manitoba Hydro Project Making News
October 05, 2010
- The AGS Architects meet the Media!
October 04, 2010
- High-profile fan for Hydro tower
September 29, 2010
- Festivals Grow Up, Even as Screens Grow Small
September 24, 2010
- Simply a spectacular year at TIFF
September 18, 2010
- Lightbox illuminates city's future
September 16, 2010
- Lightbox reflects Toronto’s growing maturity
September 13, 2010
October 30, 2009
KPMB / Smith Carter / Transsolar are proud to announce the launch of the new Manitoba Hydro Place website.
Canadian firms, KPMB Architects and Smith Carter Architects + Engineers, and German climate engineering experts, Transsolar of Stuttgart, Germany, have come together to form an Integrated Design Consortium. Combining award-winning architecture, world-renowned climate engineering and technical expertise, the Consortium will leverage the innovations of Manitoba Hydro Place and lessons of the Integrated Design Process to assist organizations in building climate responsive, green buildings that prioritize human comfort and contribute to building vibrant cities.
This dedicated web site was created to document the IDP and track the performance of the building according to the original goals of supportive work place, energy performance/sustainable design, architectural excellence, urban revitalization, and fiscal performance. Check back as the site is updated with information and statistics related to the building's energy performance and post-occupancy evaluation, and to learn about the Integrated Design Consortium's future projects and endeavors.
For more information, please visit the Manitoba Hydro Place website at:http://www.manitobahydroplace.com/