- KPMB wins 2010 AIA Institute Honor Award for Ryerson University Master Plan
January 15, 2010
- A peek inside the renewed Canadian Museum of Nature
January 06, 2010
- 21st century enlightenment at the Museum of Nature
January 03, 2010
- Canada's Most Important Building
December 19, 2009
- KPMB / Smith Carter / Transsolar are proud to announce the launch of the new Manitoba Hydro Place website
October 30, 2009
- A brilliant beauty built to last
October 24, 2009
- Classical: We need more than one concert hall
October 24, 2009
- Manitoba Hydro Place - A model for extreme climate responsive design
October 22, 2009
- Arts & Minds special edition on the newly renovated Royal Conservatory of Music on Bravo!
October 19, 2009
- A symphony for sight
October 09, 2009
November 09, 2006 | Denver Infill Blog
"Sugar-Cubed Building Groundbreaking A major Downtown infill project fronting the 16th Street Mall, the new Sugar3 Building, took an important step forward Wednesday with its formal groundbreaking ceremony. The event featured brief remarks from Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, Urban Villages LLC principals Grant McCargo and Will Fleissig, and Bruce Kuwabara from Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB). Also in attendance was a very sharp-looking model of the Sugar3 Building (see photos below), in addition to several other representatives from the project team and many prominent members of the Downtown Denver development community.
This project is significant not only for its design and for its filling a major gap in the Downtown landscape, but also for the speed with which it moved from public announcement to groundbreaking. This project made its first appearance before the LoDo design review committee about this same time last year, and now they're ready to begin construction. Much of the credit for this project's successful journey from concept to construction goes to Jason Newcomer, Project Executive with Urban Villages."
For more information go to: http://www.denverinfill.com/blog/2006/11/sugar-cubed-building-groundbreaking.html