- TIFF Lightbox deserves its own Oscar
February 17, 2011
- Toronto's Soulpepper Theatre embraces new business model
February 10, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox - you can profit by anticipating cultural trends
February 10, 2011
- The right building for where it stands
January 11, 2011
- The best of our people to watch in past years
January 01, 2011
- Reflecting on our year in architecture
December 30, 2010
- Top 100 Canada's Most Powerful Women
December 07, 2010
- Top 100™ Awards Recognizes Top Female Achievers From Across Canada
November 29, 2010
- Manitoba Hydro Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
October 20, 2010
- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
November 09, 2006 | Denver Infill Blog
"Sugar-Cubed Building Groundbreaking A major Downtown infill project fronting the 16th Street Mall, the new Sugar3 Building, took an important step forward Wednesday with its formal groundbreaking ceremony. The event featured brief remarks from Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, Urban Villages LLC principals Grant McCargo and Will Fleissig, and Bruce Kuwabara from Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB). Also in attendance was a very sharp-looking model of the Sugar3 Building (see photos below), in addition to several other representatives from the project team and many prominent members of the Downtown Denver development community.
This project is significant not only for its design and for its filling a major gap in the Downtown landscape, but also for the speed with which it moved from public announcement to groundbreaking. This project made its first appearance before the LoDo design review committee about this same time last year, and now they're ready to begin construction. Much of the credit for this project's successful journey from concept to construction goes to Jason Newcomer, Project Executive with Urban Villages."
For more information go to: http://www.denverinfill.com/blog/2006/11/sugar-cubed-building-groundbreaking.html