- Michael M. Koerner Appointed First-Ever Chancellor of The Royal Conservatory
September 08, 2011
- Team picked to build athletes’ village for Toronto’s Pan Am Games
September 07, 2011
- Canadian Museum of Nature wins International Architecture Award
July 26, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox wins Pug Award
June 21, 2011
- Royal Conservatory wins 2011 AIA/CAE Educational Facility Design Award - Excellence
June 02, 2011
- KPMB ARCHITECTS ANNOUNCES NEW PRINCIPALS, SENIOR ASSOCIATES, ASSOCIATES AND DIRECTORS
May 16, 2011
- Building culture means cutting the compromises
May 09, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox and Maple Leaf Square nominated for 2011 PUG awards!
May 06, 2011
- Manitoba Hydro Place receives RAIC Innovation in Architecture honourable mention
April 19, 2011
- TIFF Lightbox deserves its own Oscar
February 17, 2011
November 09, 2006 | Denver Infill Blog
"Sugar-Cubed Building Groundbreaking A major Downtown infill project fronting the 16th Street Mall, the new Sugar3 Building, took an important step forward Wednesday with its formal groundbreaking ceremony. The event featured brief remarks from Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, Urban Villages LLC principals Grant McCargo and Will Fleissig, and Bruce Kuwabara from Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB). Also in attendance was a very sharp-looking model of the Sugar3 Building (see photos below), in addition to several other representatives from the project team and many prominent members of the Downtown Denver development community.
This project is significant not only for its design and for its filling a major gap in the Downtown landscape, but also for the speed with which it moved from public announcement to groundbreaking. This project made its first appearance before the LoDo design review committee about this same time last year, and now they're ready to begin construction. Much of the credit for this project's successful journey from concept to construction goes to Jason Newcomer, Project Executive with Urban Villages."
For more information go to: http://www.denverinfill.com/blog/2006/11/sugar-cubed-building-groundbreaking.html