- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
- KPMB receives TWO 2010 Heritage Toronto Awards of Excellence
October 06, 2010
- Super-Green Manitoba Hydro Project Making News
October 05, 2010
- The AGS Architects meet the Media!
October 04, 2010
- High-profile fan for Hydro tower
September 29, 2010
- Festivals Grow Up, Even as Screens Grow Small
September 24, 2010
- Simply a spectacular year at TIFF
September 18, 2010
- Lightbox illuminates city's future
September 16, 2010
- Lightbox reflects Toronto’s growing maturity
September 13, 2010
- Toronto fest, Day 4: Let there be Lightbox!
September 12, 2010
January 15, 2010
KPMB Architects and Daoust Lestage inc. in association with Greenberg Consultants Inc. and IBI Group have been awarded the American Institute of Architects (AIA) 2010 Institute Honor Award for Regional and Urban Design for the Ryerson University Master Plan.Jury Comments:
Looking forward to Ryerson’s identity as a university within the urban setting of a growing Toronto downtown, this master plan strives to create a recognizable presence and community connection oriented to comfortable, secure pedestrian use and a commitment to design excellence as the university grows over time. With its thoughtful connection to the area transportation system and extensive integration with the city, this plan is a decidedly 21st Century response to co- development, including funding and potential integrations of uses within a tight timeframe. It has an interesting, creative use of verticality while giving the city clearly articulated and much needed open space. 2010 Institute Honor Awards for Regional and Urban Design Jury
John F. Torti, FAIA (Chair)
Torti Gallas & Partners, Inc.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Lance Jay Brown, FAIA
Lance Jay Brown Architecture & Urban Design
New York City
Brenda Scheer, AIA
University of Utah
College of Architecture + Planning
Salt Lake City
Edward K. Uhlir, FAIA
Uhlir Consulting, LLC
Habitat for Humanity of Benton County, Inc.
For more information please visit the AIA website at: http://www.aia.org/practicing/awards/AIAB082078