- The best of our people to watch in past years
January 01, 2011
- Reflecting on our year in architecture
December 30, 2010
- Top 100 Canada's Most Powerful Women
December 07, 2010
- Top 100™ Awards Recognizes Top Female Achievers From Across Canada
November 29, 2010
- Manitoba Hydro Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
October 20, 2010
- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
- KPMB receives TWO 2010 Heritage Toronto Awards of Excellence
October 06, 2010
- Super-Green Manitoba Hydro Project Making News
October 05, 2010
- The AGS Architects meet the Media!
October 04, 2010
- High-profile fan for Hydro tower
September 29, 2010
June 08, 2010
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), the Canadian Institute of Planners, and the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects have announced the recipients of the 2010 National Urban Design Awards.
KPMB Architects, Smith Carter Architects & Engineers, and Transsolar Klima Engineering have been awarded the National Urban Design Award for Urban Architecture for Manitoba Hydro Place. KPMB Architects has been awarded the Certificate of Merit for Urban Architecture for the Royal Conservatory.
Manitoba Hydro Place“Manitoba Hydro Place represents impeccable sustainability credentials in a beautifully sculpted building. The sustainability seems to be well integrated into the design of the buildings. We see this project as an incentive to revitalize the downtown, and to encourage Manitoba Hydro employees to take public transit.”
The Royal Conservatory“The jury particularly appreciates the look of the building and how it relates to the buildings on all sides – an excellent example of how you can retain a building and add to the programme. This design is deferential to the urban context, ‘doing it right’ on all sides without resorting to overblown form-making.”
For more information, please visit the RAIC website: