- 21st century enlightenment at the Museum of Nature
January 03, 2010
- Canada's Most Important Building
December 19, 2009
- KPMB / Smith Carter / Transsolar are proud to announce the launch of the new Manitoba Hydro Place website
October 30, 2009
- A brilliant beauty built to last
October 24, 2009
- Classical: We need more than one concert hall
October 24, 2009
- Manitoba Hydro Place - A model for extreme climate responsive design
October 22, 2009
- Arts & Minds special edition on the newly renovated Royal Conservatory of Music on Bravo!
October 19, 2009
- A symphony for sight
October 09, 2009
- Best building in the Americas
October 05, 2009
- Manitoba Hydro Place - A model for extreme climate responsive design - Opening
September 29, 2009
September 08, 2011 | The Royal Conservatory
On the extraordinary occasion of The Royal Conservatory’s 125th anniversary, Mr. Michael Foulkes, Chair of the Board of Directors, and Dr. Peter Simon, President, are pleased to announce the appointment of business leader and arts advocate Mr. Michael M. Koerner, C.M. as the organization’s first Chancellor. The installation ceremony will take place on October 5th.
“We are delighted to appoint Michael as the first Chancellor of The Royal Conservatory,” said Dr. Simon. “Over the course of his 20-year association with The Conservatory, his advocacy, generosity, and commitment have played a tremendous role in helping this Canadian institution fulfill its mission to develop human potential through music and the arts.”
As Chancellor, Mr. Koerner will be an ambassador for The Conservatory, working with the President to advance the mission of the institution, and representing the organization at important events, including commemorative ceremonies, academic conferences, and dignitary visits.
To read the full press release click the PDF below.