- Elizabeth Paden wins the Canada Council for the Arts Prix de Rome
March 11, 2010
- Manitoba Hydro Place named Building of the Year
March 05, 2010
- George Brown College bringing its bustle to the waterfront
February 23, 2010
- Wave Effect: Jeanne Gang and architecture’s anti-divas
February 01, 2010
- KPMB wins 2010 AIA Institute Honor Award for Ryerson University Master Plan
January 15, 2010
- A peek inside the renewed Canadian Museum of Nature
January 06, 2010
- 21st century enlightenment at the Museum of Nature
January 03, 2010
- Canada's Most Important Building
December 19, 2009
- KPMB / Smith Carter / Transsolar are proud to announce the launch of the new Manitoba Hydro Place website
October 30, 2009
- A brilliant beauty built to last
October 24, 2009
December 31, 2011 | David Johnston | The Governor General of Canada
Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects is pleased to announce that founding partner Bruce Kuwabara has been appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada. Kuwabara is among 66 new appointments, including former prime minister Paul Martin, retired generals Rick Hillier and Maurice Baril, General Charles Bouchard, broadcasters Stuart McLean and Brian Williams, hockey coach Scotty Bowman, and jazz musician Archie Alleyne.
The Order of Canada recognizes a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication to the community and service to the nation. The Order of Canada is part of the Canadian Honours System which recognizes exemplary citizenship and is accorded on the basis of lifetime achievement, bravery, valour, service in a specific field such as the military, protective services or volunteerism, or meritorious service in any field. National honours are presented, on behalf of the Queen, by Governor-General David Johnston.
For a full list of Order of Canada recipients click on the link below.