- Reflecting on our year in architecture
December 30, 2010
- Top 100 Canada's Most Powerful Women
December 07, 2010
- Top 100™ Awards Recognizes Top Female Achievers From Across Canada
November 29, 2010
- Manitoba Hydro Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers
October 20, 2010
- Innovation 2010: is Manitoba Hydro the most energy efficient building in North America?
October 13, 2010
- KPMB receives TWO 2010 Heritage Toronto Awards of Excellence
October 06, 2010
- Super-Green Manitoba Hydro Project Making News
October 05, 2010
- The AGS Architects meet the Media!
October 04, 2010
- High-profile fan for Hydro tower
September 29, 2010
- Festivals Grow Up, Even as Screens Grow Small
September 24, 2010
June 30, 2010 | City of Vaughan
"Vaughan Council was joined by City officials, senior staff and the project team to unveil a plaque today in the new City Hall that commemorates the laying of the cornerstone.
“We are here to celebrate the beginning of a new era with the construction of Vaughan’s new City Hall,” said Mayor Linda Jackson. “This building is a tangible expression of the City’s commitment to environmental stewardship and will become a benchmark for sustainable development in our community. Vaughan has grown into a major urban centre and now we have an award-winning City Hall that will be a source of civic pride for many years to come.”
The award-winning Canadian architectural firm Kuwabara Payne McKenna and Blumberg (KPMB) designed the new City Hall to achieve a Gold certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). It will be one of largest public buildings in Canada to be recognized for its eco-friendly features, including energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, maximum use of natural light, and water-efficient landscaping."
To read the full article, please visit the City of Vaughan website: