- Renovation Begins at 20 Washington Road, Princeton
February 06, 2014
- KPMB Architects' CIGI campus wins 2014 AIA Honor Award for Architecture
January 10, 2014
- KPMB Architects Short-Listed for Design of Vancouver Art Gallery
January 09, 2014
- Shirley Blumberg, Founding Partner of KPMB, appointed as a Member of the Order of Canada, December 30th, 2013
December 30, 2013
- Toronto Office Sector Nears Four-Year Reduction Goal Ahead of Schedule
December 06, 2013
- Bruce Kuwabara named Chair for the Board of Trustees of the Canadian Centre for Architecture
December 05, 2013
- Watch the Timelapse Video of the Construction of Orchestra Hall Renewal
November 27, 2013
- The New Kellogg Building Is Designed to Stimulate Ideas. The View Will Be Pretty Good, too
November 21, 2013
- Rotman School of Management wins Canadian Interiors Best of Canada Award in Institutional Category
November 07, 2013
- Pan/Parapan Am Games Athletes' Village / Canary District wins CUI Brownie Award for Best Overall Project
October 24, 2013
February 15, 2012 | Bert Archer | YongeStreet
Adam Vaughan was surprised by the reaction the public meeting gave the design for the proposed new Globe and Mail tower.
"I haven't had a building this warmly received in six years," the six-year City Hall veteran says.
Vaughan says between 75 and 100 people were in attendance earlier this month when KPMB founding partner Marianne McKenna presented the firm's twisted L-shape design.
"It's a modest building," Vaughan says, referring the variances it will need from the city to get planning approval, "and the design is quite startling, and the animation for that corner above and beyond the current use is quite welcome in the neighbourhood." There will be 200,000 square feet of office space for the Globe and 20,000 square feet above and beyond that for another tenant. "So the live-work thing will get a real shot in the arm."
The audience consisted largely of local residents and members of the Wellington Place Neighbourhood Association.
Writer: Bert Archer
Source: Adam Vaughan