- George Brown Campus pumps new energy into Toronto's waterfront
January 29, 2013
- 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village/Canary District wins Canadian Architect, Award of Excellence
December 19, 2012
- Marianne McKenna is Invested as an Officer of the Order of Canada by Governor General
November 30, 2012
- Rotman School of Management and TIFF Bell Lightbox Receive 2012 Ontario Concrete Award
November 30, 2012
- Concordia buildings awarded LEED status
November 08, 2012
- Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre Creates 21st Century 'Mind Space'
September 25, 2012
- Rotman School of Management Expansion Rises at University of Toronto
September 13, 2012
- When in Winnipeg, make sure to not see the parking lots for the trees
September 04, 2012
- Marianne McKenna, Founding Partner of KPMB, appointed as an Officer of the Order of Canada, June 29th, 2012
June 29, 2012
- CIGI Campus Receives RIBA International Award
June 21, 2012
November 09, 2006 | Denver Infill Blog
"Sugar-Cubed Building Groundbreaking A major Downtown infill project fronting the 16th Street Mall, the new Sugar3 Building, took an important step forward Wednesday with its formal groundbreaking ceremony. The event featured brief remarks from Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, Urban Villages LLC principals Grant McCargo and Will Fleissig, and Bruce Kuwabara from Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB). Also in attendance was a very sharp-looking model of the Sugar3 Building (see photos below), in addition to several other representatives from the project team and many prominent members of the Downtown Denver development community.
This project is significant not only for its design and for its filling a major gap in the Downtown landscape, but also for the speed with which it moved from public announcement to groundbreaking. This project made its first appearance before the LoDo design review committee about this same time last year, and now they're ready to begin construction. Much of the credit for this project's successful journey from concept to construction goes to Jason Newcomer, Project Executive with Urban Villages."
For more information go to: http://www.denverinfill.com/blog/2006/11/sugar-cubed-building-groundbreaking.html