- Team picked to build athletes’ village for Toronto’s Pan Am Games
September 07, 2011
- Canadian Museum of Nature wins International Architecture Award
July 26, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox wins Pug Award
June 21, 2011
- Royal Conservatory wins 2011 AIA/CAE Educational Facility Design Award - Excellence
June 02, 2011
- KPMB ARCHITECTS ANNOUNCES NEW PRINCIPALS, SENIOR ASSOCIATES, ASSOCIATES AND DIRECTORS
May 16, 2011
- Building culture means cutting the compromises
May 09, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox and Maple Leaf Square nominated for 2011 PUG awards!
May 06, 2011
- Manitoba Hydro Place receives RAIC Innovation in Architecture honourable mention
April 19, 2011
- TIFF Lightbox deserves its own Oscar
February 17, 2011
- Toronto's Soulpepper Theatre embraces new business model
February 10, 2011
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8