- Globe and Mail picks KPMB Architects to design its new headquarters
January 31, 2012
- New Office Towers Have Changed the Face of Toronto
January 20, 2012
- Bruce Kuwabara, Founding Partner of KPMB, appointed as an Officer of the Order of Canada, December 31st, 2011
December 31, 2011
- Remai Art Gallery of Saskatchewan wins Canadian Architect, Award of Excellence
December 15, 2011
- Marianne McKenna Honoured With Fellowship Of The Royal Conservatory
October 21, 2011
- Architect Selected for Kellogg Building - KPMB Architects engaged to design new global hub
October 06, 2011
- Michael M. Koerner Appointed First-Ever Chancellor of The Royal Conservatory
September 08, 2011
- Team picked to build athletes’ village for Toronto’s Pan Am Games
September 07, 2011
- Canadian Museum of Nature wins International Architecture Award
July 26, 2011
- TIFF Bell Lightbox wins Pug Award
June 21, 2011
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8