- Key handed over to 32-hectare Pan Am Games Athletes’ Village
February 20, 2015
- The Canary District: Here comes Toronto’s instant neighbourhood
February 06, 2015
- The Finishing Touches: Touring the Canary District
February 05, 2015
- Penn Trustees Approve KPMB Design for Perelman Center for Political Science and Economics
January 20, 2015
- Design Teams Announced for Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and Harbour Square Park Design Competition
January 12, 2015
- When shaping the capital, do so with care
January 02, 2015
- 10 best architectural projects of 2014: Hume
December 29, 2014
- Jury member goes public with criticism of victims of communism memorial site
December 15, 2014
- Marianne McKenna #25 on Maclean’s 50 most important people in Canada
November 21, 2014
- Two Take Toronto: Seventies grads help power the stratospheric growth of Canada’s largest city
November 10, 2014
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8