- Toronto’s new Bridgepoint centre raises the bar for health care facilities
April 10, 2013
- CIGI Campus: The People's Choice?
April 09, 2013
- 2013 OAA People's Choice Award: Vote for your favourite projects now!
March 27, 2013
- Wellesley Parkland Preserved
March 22, 2013
- Rotman School of Management and CIGI Campus receive Award of Excellence from the Ontario Association of Architects
March 21, 2013
- Canada lags on green buildings: architect tells Cambridge students
March 08, 2013
- Vaughan City Hall receives Governor General's Medal in Architecture at a ceremony held at Rideau Hall on February 1st
February 01, 2013
- George Brown Campus pumps new energy into Toronto's waterfront
January 29, 2013
- 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village/Canary District wins Canadian Architect, Award of Excellence
December 19, 2012
- Marianne McKenna is Invested as an Officer of the Order of Canada by Governor General
November 30, 2012
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8