- Why a city hall matters: 'It’s all the things that make up life'
May 15, 2015
- Bridgepoint is Toronto's First LEED Silver Hospital
May 15, 2015
- How Hamilton architecture inspired star Bruce Kuwabara
May 11, 2015
- MAHONEY: Bruce Kuwabara — every building implies a city
May 08, 2015
- George Brown College, Waterfront Campus wins Architectural Record, Good Design Is Good Business 2015 Award
May 01, 2015
- Waterfront Toronto Announces Winner of the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and Harbour Square Park Innovative Design Competition
April 10, 2015
- Koerner Hall celebrates its 500th concert this week
March 24, 2015
- 5 Brilliant Proposals for Toronto’s New Ferry Terminal
March 17, 2015
- 5 visions for the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and park
March 16, 2015
- Stay up to date with KPMB on social media
March 13, 2015
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8