- Phyllis Lambert to Receive the Golden Lion Award
May 21, 2014
- U of L selects team of architects
May 02, 2014
- Vote for Bridgepoint Active Healthcare and Toronto Community Housing, Block 32 for 2014 Pug Awards
May 01, 2014
- Architects selected for major projects at University of Lethbridge
April 28, 2014
- CIGI Campus and the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management Expansion among the 12 winners announced for 2014 Governor General's Medals in Architecture
April 23, 2014
- Vote for Joseph L. Rotman School of Management in AZ People's Choice Awards
April 10, 2014
- Joseph L. Rotman School of Management Selected as AZ Award Finalist
April 08, 2014
- KPMB Receives 3 OAA Awards for Design Excellence
March 21, 2014
- New ETFO office sets bar for sustainability
March 04, 2014
- ETFO Office Achieves LEED Platinum Status
February 25, 2014
November 27, 2008 | xia international
KPMB's Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Project was selected by the jurors as one of three 'Highly Commended' projects.
"The competition for the IBS Award (International Building Skin-tech), which was organized for the first time by NurnbergMasse - fensterbrau/frontale - and the magazine xia IntelligenteArchitektur/xia international, rewarded cutting-edge facade solutions which comply with superior design requirements and have been planned or put into practice using innovative technologies.
The competition was open to projects from the following regions: Europe (except Germany), Eastern Europe/Russia, China, USA and the Middle East. This restriction applied to the location of the projects and not that of the architects.
Projects could be submitted in two different categories: 1 Projects already put into practice and 2 planned projects.
The contest organizers appointed a "nominated jury" consisting of architects and engineers who are active internationally. The members of the jury nominated up to ten projects that they found outstanding with regard to the award requirements."*
For the complete article, please download the PDF attachment below.
*Slavic, Dijane. “IBS Awards 2008: And the Winner is…”. XIA International. Issue 2, volume 8