- Toronto’s new Bridgepoint centre raises the bar for health care facilities
April 10, 2013
- CIGI Campus: The People's Choice?
April 09, 2013
- 2013 OAA People's Choice Award: Vote for your favourite projects now!
March 27, 2013
- Wellesley Parkland Preserved
March 22, 2013
- Rotman School of Management and CIGI Campus receive Award of Excellence from the Ontario Association of Architects
March 21, 2013
- Canada lags on green buildings: architect tells Cambridge students
March 08, 2013
- Vaughan City Hall receives Governor General's Medal in Architecture at a ceremony held at Rideau Hall on February 1st
February 01, 2013
- George Brown Campus pumps new energy into Toronto's waterfront
January 29, 2013
- 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village/Canary District wins Canadian Architect, Award of Excellence
December 19, 2012
- Marianne McKenna is Invested as an Officer of the Order of Canada by Governor General
November 30, 2012
June 30, 2010 | City of Vaughan
"Vaughan Council was joined by City officials, senior staff and the project team to unveil a plaque today in the new City Hall that commemorates the laying of the cornerstone.
“We are here to celebrate the beginning of a new era with the construction of Vaughan’s new City Hall,” said Mayor Linda Jackson. “This building is a tangible expression of the City’s commitment to environmental stewardship and will become a benchmark for sustainable development in our community. Vaughan has grown into a major urban centre and now we have an award-winning City Hall that will be a source of civic pride for many years to come.”
The award-winning Canadian architectural firm Kuwabara Payne McKenna and Blumberg (KPMB) designed the new City Hall to achieve a Gold certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). It will be one of largest public buildings in Canada to be recognized for its eco-friendly features, including energy-efficient heating and cooling systems, maximum use of natural light, and water-efficient landscaping."
To read the full article, please visit the City of Vaughan website: