- BRIDGEPOINT HEALTH ACTIVE HEALTHCARE OPENS JUNE 25, 2013
June 25, 2013
- View KPMB + BIG's design idea to improve Gardiner East
June 21, 2013
- KPMB's Luigi LaRocca named honourary fellow by RAIC | Canadian Architect during Festival of Architecture
June 20, 2013
- Ontario teachers' new headquarters an architectural lesson
June 13, 2013
- CIGI Campus wins Architectural Record's Good Design is Good Business Competition
June 03, 2013
- Live EarthCam of the 2015 Pan American/Parapan American Games Site
May 16, 2013
- Toronto’s new Bridgepoint centre raises the bar for health care facilities
April 10, 2013
- CIGI Campus: The People's Choice?
April 09, 2013
- 2013 OAA People's Choice Award: Vote for your favourite projects now!
March 27, 2013
- Wellesley Parkland Preserved
March 22, 2013
June 08, 2010
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), the Canadian Institute of Planners, and the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects have announced the recipients of the 2010 National Urban Design Awards.
KPMB Architects, Smith Carter Architects & Engineers, and Transsolar Klima Engineering have been awarded the National Urban Design Award for Urban Architecture for Manitoba Hydro Place. KPMB Architects has been awarded the Certificate of Merit for Urban Architecture for the Royal Conservatory.
Manitoba Hydro Place“Manitoba Hydro Place represents impeccable sustainability credentials in a beautifully sculpted building. The sustainability seems to be well integrated into the design of the buildings. We see this project as an incentive to revitalize the downtown, and to encourage Manitoba Hydro employees to take public transit.”
The Royal Conservatory“The jury particularly appreciates the look of the building and how it relates to the buildings on all sides – an excellent example of how you can retain a building and add to the programme. This design is deferential to the urban context, ‘doing it right’ on all sides without resorting to overblown form-making.”
For more information, please visit the RAIC website: