- Renewal of Massey Hall starts at its back door
July 08, 2013
- Rotman School of Management receives honourable mention at the 2013 PUG Awards
July 02, 2013
- BRIDGEPOINT HEALTH ACTIVE HEALTHCARE OPENS JUNE 25, 2013
June 25, 2013
- View KPMB + BIG's design idea to improve Gardiner East
June 21, 2013
- KPMB's Luigi LaRocca named honourary fellow by RAIC | Canadian Architect during Festival of Architecture
June 20, 2013
- Ontario teachers' new headquarters an architectural lesson
June 13, 2013
- CIGI Campus wins Architectural Record's Good Design is Good Business Competition
June 03, 2013
- Live EarthCam of the 2015 Pan American/Parapan American Games Site
May 16, 2013
- Toronto’s new Bridgepoint centre raises the bar for health care facilities
April 10, 2013
- CIGI Campus: The People's Choice?
April 09, 2013
November 09, 2006 | Denver Infill Blog
"Sugar-Cubed Building Groundbreaking A major Downtown infill project fronting the 16th Street Mall, the new Sugar3 Building, took an important step forward Wednesday with its formal groundbreaking ceremony. The event featured brief remarks from Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, Urban Villages LLC principals Grant McCargo and Will Fleissig, and Bruce Kuwabara from Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects (KPMB). Also in attendance was a very sharp-looking model of the Sugar3 Building (see photos below), in addition to several other representatives from the project team and many prominent members of the Downtown Denver development community.
This project is significant not only for its design and for its filling a major gap in the Downtown landscape, but also for the speed with which it moved from public announcement to groundbreaking. This project made its first appearance before the LoDo design review committee about this same time last year, and now they're ready to begin construction. Much of the credit for this project's successful journey from concept to construction goes to Jason Newcomer, Project Executive with Urban Villages."
For more information go to: http://www.denverinfill.com/blog/2006/11/sugar-cubed-building-groundbreaking.html